Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peenemunde
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> After Action Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oberst Clay
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Peenemunde Reply with quote

Peenemunde

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we ended up with a small number of 20, but, it was a hell of a game. After a slow start of intermittent fire fights, we ended up with a grenade slug fest. The weather Gods were cruel too us, but allowed us to get in a full day still. We were hit by tornado producing winds and torrential rain. There were again ZERO issues at Wolfpack Primary, none...other than the odd expletive of pain....an awesome group of WW2 boys. I hoped all the little props added a bit of realism to the era.

My fave moments, and there are lots...
1. Having a Full-Auto duel with Buelxbx, 15 feet apart lying in the snow with only both our bald heads visible....I lost, the second time in 10 years I was knocked loopy by a headshot.

2. Crawl 20 minutes in the snow sneaking up on a chatty Barf, tossed a grenade over the wall, and shoot him as he is running away ala Fred Flintstone.

3. Seeing Easy Companies camp after they braved the "Hurricane", in one of our Korean war officer tents. They literally had trees coming down all around them. They had water ditches dug, everything beforehand it was awesome forethought....they camped in a swamp, in the snow covered area and they never complained. As a little reward the Muskoka Black Wolves presented Easy Company with the WW2 tent that was donated by Jeroon at ARMY ISSUE as a momento.

4. Having Barf an His lady friend (Barf PM me her handle..lol) cook us currie on Saturday night and Breakfast on Sunday morning. Service with a smile, served by a lovely lady who was brave enough to get in a cabin with a couple Wolves who had not seen a woman in ten days...lol.

5. Playing with our friends from Kommradschaft, lol...we rock.

6. Mizfit thinking I was dumb enough to be seduced by a pretty French girl in the forest...wait...hold one..that sounded bad.

7. Throwing a grenade at Blackthorne and scoring the impossible shot, followed by and even funnier split second of comprehension on his face, followed by a flurry of flying pine needles as a once prone Blackthorne runs away like a little girl...lol.

8. Adding more players to a growing list of good no bullshit adult airsofters, and enjoying a night of beer drinking at the bonfire, and as usual leaving Ivan the key to lock up....rotflmao.

9. FNG explaining a recent rash of injuries,....leaving me pissing my pants.....you are one of a kind.

Great weekend boys, and a special thanks goes out to our ever amused host Pedro
HauptsturmführerTITAN
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank everyone who attended this event, all of you really helped make the game play that much more enjoyable. Once again, quality players led to no BS which in turn led to an amazing airsoft event. I am sure everyone walked away from this one with a story or two..lol

I would also like to thank Pedro (Owner of the field) for the use of the property and cooking up our Saturday dinner. The hot Chili really hit the spot after a very wet and damp day of gaming.

Finally a special thanks goes out to Claymore and Recon whom without their extended help and dedication I could not have pulled off this event. You guys are awesome. All of the hard work that was put into it really showed.

Game Highlights

- Spending about 40min's with Recon slowly making are way through the bush around the village area to where a couple of Allied guys set up in well covered area...so they thought. After sitting about 30 feet behind them for 10 min's, one of our guys laid down some heavy fire and forced them to move. One of them was hit right away and the other ran right to Recon and I where he was met with a furious hail of BB's.

- Seeking out an allied sniper ( Barf ) for about 20 min's who had been keeping our boys at bay in the village and then reaching out tagging his yankee rear.

- Waiting for the allies to attack the rocket launch site that Molson, Recon and I were holding. We waited, and waited...Then decide to head out and see if we could stir the pot.....After a few steps we hear that the allies had just blown the fuel depot...."Damn, they got around us." We fast track it to that location to find the allies in a heavy gun fight with our boys. Recon-"Great we can get right in behind them and take them all out." Recon moves over a hill and takes aim at there backs and fires.....MISSING THEM ALL and then having his gun go down...I run in behind his position to help out, get two shots off and then...THWACK THWACK THWACK....Recon and I are dead, leaving Molson to deal with the mess we created on his own.....Recon-"Well, that did not go very well did it?"....lmao

_ Listening to Leecas and Blackthorne read the allied letters from home...Priceless.

_ Having our friends from Kommradschaft fighting along side with us. It's always a pleasure.

Thanks again to everyone and we hope to see you all back at our next event.
str8shot
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the weather was shit but the game made up for that. Thanks to the Wolfpack boys for havin us out.The hospitallity was much appreciated.

Game Hightlights

-The very first mission I thought I was retreving info form a pathfinder in the cemitary, boy was I wrong. Next thing I know I'm half way across the feild with two partizans who I'm thinking is setting me up looking for "my friend" as they put it and i'm thinking my friend is there way of telling me it's a german with a gun, but all turned out well. Loved how you guys stayed in character the whole time really added some realism to the game. Oh and ootzi in the tree with a parachute and full airborne gear... nice touch

-
HauptsturmführerTITAN wrote:
Waiting for the allies to attack the rocket launch site that Molson, Recon and I were holding. We waited, and waited...Then decide to head out and see if we could stir the pot.....After a few steps we hear that the allies had just blown the fuel depot...."Damn, they got around us." We fast track it to that location to find the allies in a heavy gun fight with our boys. Recon-"Great we can get right in behind them and take them all out." Recon moves over a hill and takes aim at there backs and fires.....MISSING THEM ALL and then having his gun go down...I run in behind his position to help out, get two shots off and then...THWACK THWACK THWACK....Recon and I are dead, leaving Molson to deal with the mess we created on his own.....Recon-"Well, that did not go very well did it?"....lmao
u][/u]
Lol I couldn't just let you guys kill my team.

-Grenades

-Ootzi + Grenades

- Oh and my all time fav moment(s) GRENADE.... FUCKIN BRANCH.....lmao

overall it was a great time even with the rain so thanks again wolfpack can't wait for the next event.

Cpl. Mark Brine (Re-enactor)
Easy Company 2/506th
101st Airborne
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have posted earlier but as soon as I got home I was given baby duty and then I flaked out.

Anyways, I just want to thank Clay, Recon, Titan and the rest of the WP gang for putting on a great event. You guys are great hosts... always asking if we have everything that we needed and then making sure that we got it. The field looked great and you could see all the hard work that you guys put into it. It was greatly appreciated.

Clay and Recon blew me away when they said that we could have the officers's tent... your generosity goes beyond words! So thank you again!

The letters that Titan provided for mail call was outstanding especailly Mark's (str8shot)... it was even funnier when you told me that they were actual letters but you just changed the names. BTW... Mark is keeping the letter.

Blackthorne and Misfit thanks for all the help you provided... your knowledge of the field helped tremendously to achieve the objectives. (Memel, we won! ) Hence why Blackthorne was given point for most of the day. All my boys talked about was the first mission when they met up with you two... they were sure you were leading them into an ambush. And Utsi was fantastic!

Grenades were great. I threw three and got two kills with them... I'm not saying who I killed... a kill is a kill. Fucking trees! LOL

Barf and Janet thanks for the Sunday breakfast it was excellent after a wet night. Barf, there was stew?!

Thanks to Pedro for the chili dinner and letting up blow things up on his land!

The bonfire is always a good time. Recon, that steam coming off the wet wood is still burning my eyes.

And the weather... well that just adds to the whole weekend... that's why we bring ponchos. Plus, it was worth watching Sladder trying to cook his hotdog with his lighter.

Thanks to everyone that came out... you are a great bunch of guys and gals and it was a pleasure to do battle with you and against you. The loadouts were great and I can see these events just getting better.

I will post the PICs that I took in the next day or two.

Thanks again for everything
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, whats this Utsi I keep seeing mentioned?
FNG
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utsi was thier fiercest fighter!

Lee, as long as you kill someone with a grenade, it's all good. (Thanks for making our job easier.)

I had a great time. I can't thank Pedro and our game hosts enough. As usual the field and the food were great. Thank you Wolfpack for the hard work you put into this game.

Hardest part of the night was trying to sleep through memels snoring and night terrors. (The man has issues.)

I can't see a lot of the game pictures being posted on ASC. Probably too much Nazi paraphanalia for those whiny bitches. I'm sure it would be fine on this site though. It was a re-enactment event.

Anyway. It was great playing against Easy Co. again. You guys looked great and performed very well as a team. Totally caught us with our pants down a few times.

See you all at the next one.
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FNG wrote:
Utsi was thier fiercest fighter!

Lee, as long as you kill someone with a grenade, it's all good. (Thanks for making our job easier.)

I had a great time. I can't thank Pedro and our game hosts enough. As usual the field and the food were great. Thank you Wolfpack for the hard work you put into this game.

Hardest part of the night was trying to sleep through memels snoring and night terrors. (The man has issues.)

I can't see a lot of the game pictures being posted on ASC. Probably too much Nazi paraphanalia for those whiny bitches. I'm sure it would be fine on this site though. It was a re-enactment event.

Anyway. It was great playing against Easy Co. again. You guys looked great and performed very well as a team. Totally caught us with our pants down a few times.

See you all at the next one.

I'll post the pics on our website and just put a link on ASC.

Well thanks for the compliment Ken... it's always a challenge to come up againt the Kameradschaft.

Sam, I have some pics of Utsi and there is also some video of him getting his helmet blown off with a grenade. If you would have came you would have played his part. Wink
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leecas wrote:

Sam, I have some pics of Utsi and there is also some video of him getting his helmet blown off with a grenade. If you would have came you would have played his part. Wink

When in doubt, stick the lowest attending rank in a tree Smile
Backspasm
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrEvolution wrote:

When in doubt, stick the lowest attending rank in a tree Smile

I hope that won't be me next time.

Great time was had by all, even if the weather was not perfect, we had pretty good timing with it for Saturday, breaking off the main assault right before the bad weather came in. It even waited for my corned beef to finish cooking.

The grenades made it awesome. Flushing out 4 Germans in the bush made my day. Next time we must bring the slingshot out to shell the krauts.

My pictures should be up at the end of the week if the camera survived.

Cpl Ian McNish (Re-Enactor) 6th airborne
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backspasm wrote:
It even waited for my corned beef to finish cooking.

Much better warmed up eh Ian?
PanzerGrenadier
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Wolfpack and Pedro for organizing this awsome event/props, and ofcourse for the use of the field and the awsome Chilli.
I particularly enjoyed the fact, that everyone played like a real mil-simer, no flake no issues, even if the heavens for a moment seemed to come crashing down.
The bonfires were also a blast!

To mention an OH Shit! moment:
Ivan and me are in a position in a group of trees near the Flakvierling, when I see a lone American(I could only make out the 101st gear) come out of cover.
I raise my rifle( a kar 98 ), wait for the perfect shot, than pull the trigger.
The next moment, was right out of the movies. Big NOTHING happened, only a bloody *click*.
The opponent heard the click, made a move, but was shot by Ivan.
My ass was saved that time. The first time I encountered an issue with the rifle. Apparently the rifle doesn't like the magazines I bought for the rifle
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the pics on ASC, I have this to say:

@#%& !!!!!
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrEvolution wrote:
After seeing the pics on ASC, I have this to say:

@#%& !!!!!

That's just a sample... I have some good ones to post and so do others. Even with the weather it was a blast. It would have been worth coming down even for just Saturday. Anyone in the TO area is only a couple hours away. I figure you would be about 3 hours. We made it from London in about 3 and a half hours.
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making me cry here Sad
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sam, did you notice anything about the pics on ASC? Hint... look at our boots. That was for you buddy! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> After Action Report All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: