Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toronto Airsoft Convention Jan. 26, 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> After Action Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Toronto Airsoft Convention Jan. 26, 2008 Reply with quote

Well after a rough start (at least for me... note to self, always leave home with the correct address) we got setup and like last year we had a very good response. I think it was a great success even if we just get our group known in the community.

I think we will get some new members as an outcome from the event and we may get an invitation to participate in educational events with a war museum in Welland. Which I think will be very cool.

Congrats goes to Glynn (Yorkie) for winning the Best Historical Impression... I still think that it was the accent that won it for him and not to mention he really knows how to work the runway.

I was lucky enough to win one of AI's new grenades... how cool is that! The Allies will have at least one new support weapon. I got a chance to throw two of these grenades (note to self, throw them farther then five feet or duck so I don't get hit in the face from my own grenade) and they work great, at least indoors. The best part is that there is nothing to loose on them. I can see more of these out in the field.

I want to thank all the OAWWIIR members that came out and said hi. Got to put a face to some of the new guys.

I especially want to thank Rob (Dogfood) and Glynn (Yorkie) for coming out with all their gear and helping to setup and man the booth. It was a long day and their help was greatly appreciated! Also thanks to Doug (Mighty Mouse) for looking after the booth so that we could participate in the fashion show.

I will be posting the pics that I took and any others that I can get my hands on in the next few weeks.

We'll see everyone at the next one.

Thanks,
Lee
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Toronto Airsoft Convention Jan. 26, 2008 Reply with quote

leecas wrote:

I think we will get some new members as an outcome from the event and we may get an invitation to participate in educational events with a war museum in Welland. Which I think will be very cool.

I had no idea there was a museum so close to my house. Very wicked.

leecas wrote:
Congrats goes to Glynn (Yorkie) for winning the Best Historical Impression... I still think that it was the accent that won it for him and not to mention he really knows how to work the runway.

I have scary mental images now. Congrats Glynn

leecas wrote:

I was lucky enough to win one of AI's new grenades... how cool is that! The Allies will have at least one new support weapon. I got a chance to throw two of these grenades (note to self, throw them farther then five feet or duck so I don't get hit in the face from my own grenade) and they work great, at least indoors. The best part is that there is nothing to loose on them. I can see more of these out in the field.

Survey says, 1 more for the good guys! Cant wait to see it.

My regrets as I could not attend due to family events. Sounds like I missed a good show. See you all on the 17th (Hopefully Very Happy)
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Toronto Airsoft Convention Jan. 26, 2008 Reply with quote

leecas wrote:

I always said I have a nice arse.

Shame it's on my shoulders though.

Glynn.
The accent novelty will have worn off by next year, so someone else can win. Wink

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
Yorkie
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on a bit of a tangent, as we were leaving Brian was asking me about putting together a British impression, so we may get him among our ranks this year. I'll make sure to bug him about it!

Glynn.

(Re-enactor)Sgt. Glynn Tromans, 3 Tp, 3rd Para Sqdn, RE.
Fader

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun was had by all... Wish I could have been there.
Mighty Mouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a lot of fun, spent a lot of money. I held a thompson for the first time believe it or not and even though it feels like my pellet gun when its shouldered I like it.

The grenade was amazing and luckily Lee, who was one number below me won it so I sense more allied victories this season Very Happy. The number above me was called too, right after Lee was called. The raffle god was taunting me.
I look forward to what next year will bring and seeing the special surprise finished during the season.
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Toronto Airsoft Convention Jan. 26, 2008 Reply with quote

Yorkie wrote:
I always said I have a nice arse. Shame it's on my shoulders though.

LOL....

Might Mouse wrote:
The grenade was amazing and luckily Lee, who was one number below me won it so I sense more allied victories this season . The number above me was called too, right after Lee was called. The raffle god was taunting me.

The way the numbers were coming up I thought I was going to win both. That would have been nice. But I can see myself buying another one... we'll see how this works out in the field. All-in-all it was the best two bucks I've ever spent and it went to a good cause.
Double Tap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I had a blast,it was great to faces to the names,it was a good
thing I left my bank card at home.I spent just over 200$.
Here are the two pictures I took,sorry they are big,don't now much
about pc's.

[img]

[/img]
MrEvolution
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THATS a disorganized mob if ive ever seen one. Haha only kidding guys.
please dont make me run Currahee again...
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Tap wrote:
Here are the two pictures I took

I could have sworn that you took more then two... oh well, they came out great. I will add them to mine.

Thanks
Double Tap

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were only two pics of you guys and one of my
friend with ghosts teams C9 and one of the C9.
I always forget to take more pictures,sorry. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> After Action Report All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: