Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time Line 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> After Action Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Time Line 2011 Reply with quote

Another very successful event. Our group was small in numbers (smallest since we started doing Living History events) but know that the guys that were there represented well.

Thanks to Matt, Alec and Ian for doing the parade of soldiers... you guys looked awesome and looked great!

Thanks to Rob, for bringing up the Willys... you guys looked awesome in the parade through the town!

Weather was friggin fantastic... wind was a little too strong on Sunday morning but it was a refreshing wake up call at 05:30.

Always good to see our friends with the cool toys... ALL our friends on both sides of the fort!

So let's see... one crushed finger... one partly lost thumb... no one died... so it was a good weekend.

I'll post the pictures that I took... I know Ian has some video.

Now let's get ready for the next one... and let's get nore guys out.
Backspasm
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great time with everyone as always, including the VN guys of course. I haven't had much luck finding pictures of the parade on the internet but I will keep trying.

I thoroughly enjoy what feels like flying around in the jeep at 5 mph. With no door Door of belt it certainly feels different. I look forward to Rob getting his Bren mount so I don't have to hang on to it for dear life though.

I can post a picture of my finger if anyone cares to see (Gareth it is NOT your fault)

Also Alec I have your flashlight.

Cpl Ian McNish (Re-Enactor) 6th airborne
Dogfood
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great event as always, 1st days parade was a little on the slow side but we fixed that with a run down the streets and through the fields at speed while chasing the other 1can para groups Jeep. Who after we broke off from the fun went into a ditch with a 10 foot drop off and hit a culvert. Like he said it's good the culvert was there or we would have gone down the drop off. They were able to pull it out with the help of a passer buys pickup truck.

leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally... here are the pics from my camera.... sorry that it took so long.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> After Action Report All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: