Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index Ontario WWII Re-enactors
This forum is where WWII Re-enactors can share their knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D-Day - The Longest Day (2011)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> After Action Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: D-Day - The Longest Day (2011) Reply with quote

This was our first 24 hour (almost) event and I think it was very successful. The turn out was good... not great... but good. Next year I would like to see more of our members out.

The weather was great... it rained five minutes after we left the field. Ian, did you guys get a chance to get your tent up before the rain hit you?

I want to Thanks Dave and the FIST guys for the use of the field and all there help in putting on this event.

I really want to thank Kevin with all the hard work he did with the props and all the other things. The PAK just blew me away. Pictures to come.

Rob (really Gina), thanks for putting the French documents... they looked great and went over well. Budha told me that the only reason he joined the French was so he could get the documents.

I'm not going to repeat everything that I stated on the ASC forum so I will just put a link and suggest that you make comments on ASC so we can get guys pumped to come out to next years event. If we can secure the right field... next year I would like to do a part living history airsoft event.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=127855
Backspasm
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rain didn't hit us after you left. It must have followed you home...I wonder why Smile Perhaps your curse is running out of "steam"? All the burlap actually makes a decent bug net if you double layer it. I will post remaining comments on ASC

Cpl Ian McNish (Re-Enactor) 6th airborne
Adwoo
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this was my first game, it was a new experience but it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed meeting new people and I want to thank Lee for letting me come. And I appreciate the work everyone put into it to make it possible.

Pvt. Trevor Holtman (Re-enactor)
Easy Company 2/506th
101st Airborne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shiftyc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna eradicate every mosquito in Ontario.....

Other than getting bitten. I had a amazing time. I think the night drop was very sucessful. Allies should have some defending missions next time, would be nice for a change for the germans to attack us.

@Alec - I forgot to ask you to give me back my big to small tamiya connector adapter that I lended you.

Pte. Will T (Re-enactor) - 1st Can Para - British 6th Airborne Div.
buellxbk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lee for putting together an amazing event, and I really enjoyed building the PAK 40 and the other stuff to, my pleasure. What an event this was, it was great having you all out to our home field in Stayner and I know for a large amount of you it was a three hour plus drive and we apprieciat the effort you put into coming all that way. The weather stayed clear if not overly hot and I know that slowed the game pace down a bit. For once I think we where praying for rain at one of Lees events. We heard lots of great stories at the after action BBQ so I hope folks will post up thier expierences. I sent some pics to Lee as I can't seem to post them so I hope he can do it for me. Thanks again to everyone who attended. I will try and post up a story or to myself later on.
Johann Hansen
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER
FULL SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adwoo wrote:
As this was my first game, it was a new experience but it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed meeting new people and I want to thank Lee for letting me come. And I appreciate the work everyone put into it to make it possible.

You did great too! I only recall running into you 2 possibly 3 times, but they were fun heheh.
Here's to hoping to see you out at more.

Like everyone else has said, major of my story is on ASC.
But again, numerous thanks to all who helped!

I will never forget that PAK40, I really want one for when those pesky neighbors make too much nose Laughing
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backspasm wrote:
The rain didn't hit us after you left. It must have followed you home...I wonder why Smile Perhaps your curse is running out of "steam"? All the burlap actually makes a decent bug net if you double layer it. I will post remaining comments on ASC

There is no curse... it's okay for it to rain after an event is over. And that's what has happened for the last two years. Even when it's suppose to rain it doesn't.

You guys and the skeeters... I got more bites driving home then I did all weekend... little bastards jumped into the car when I was loading up. I must of looked like a nut to the drivers around me trying to kill them while I was driving.
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buellxbk wrote:
Thanks Lee for putting together an amazing event, and I really enjoyed building the PAK 40 and the other stuff to, my pleasure. What an event this was, it was great having you all out to our home field in Stayner and I know for a large amount of you it was a three hour plus drive and we apprieciat the effort you put into coming all that way. The weather stayed clear if not overly hot and I know that slowed the game pace down a bit. For once I think we where praying for rain at one of Lees events. We heard lots of great stories at the after action BBQ so I hope folks will post up thier expierences. I sent some pics to Lee as I can't seem to post them so I hope he can do it for me. Thanks again to everyone who attended. I will try and post up a story or to myself later on.

Kev, I got your email but I think you are going to have to resend them again because when I open it there is nothing. It was like when you sent the maps the first time.
leecas
SITE ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put up some pictures on the AAR on ASC. Go and take a look at them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ontario WWII Re-enactors Forum Index -> After Action Report All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: